As a living tool under constant evolution, AZTERLAN has developed a new version of the its metallurgical control system, Thermolan® v3. This updated version has customization as its central feature, being able to adapt to user’s requirements in the configuration of each test, in the visualization of the results for the different profiles of the foundry and when adding new calculations and indicators.
Such customization responds to the multitude of scenarios Thermolan® faces in multitude of foundries that produce materials with demanding specific requirements. To facilitate adaptation to the particularities of each process, the new software has a modular design (widgets) so calculations can be configured and presented according to the needs of each company. These modules will facilitate the integration of future performance indicators to be developed.
To keep responding to the growing needs and process management efficiency, the new v3 version incorporates a new functionality to export the data generated in the plant so statistical analysis can be performed and the results obtained at each measurement point for every trial can be queried.
The main features of this new version are highlighted below:
- New graphical interface: Data are displayed to show the information in a clearer and more customizable way.
- Revised calculations: calculation algorithms have been tuned based on multitude of tests, such as the SF parameter (Self Feeding factor) that most accurately predicts the tendency towards micro porosity.
- New alloys: the software can be applied on cast lamellar graphite, compact graphite, spheroidal graphite and Ni-Resist cast iron.
- Module design (widgets): the information of interest is displayed in the desired position and size.
- Results analysis: Plant performance data can be retrieved, filtered by material or by date; details can be obtained on eutectic values, cup values, amount of test performed.
- Export of results: Results are exported in Excel format, also integrating the cooling curves with their characteristic points. Test data can also be loaded from Excel files.
- Suitable for cubic and cylindrical cups: all calculations are adjusted for both quick-cup format modules.
- Prepared to integrate it with other software developed by AZTERLAN such as Sentinel, Salomon, Eidocalc, Kasandra (soon) and even with third-party software.
- Specific and personalized developments can be done for each client.
- Casting soundness predictions are performed by integrating metallurgical quality data from the cooling curves together with the part modules. Simulator software developed by AZTERLAN.
- C control can be very closely adjusted after the treatment and consequently so it can its influence on the soundness due to the graphite formed.
- A very tight control of active Mg and its direct influence on control in the casting unit can be carried out.
- Allows to control and to get accurate information on the quality of the inoculation and its influence on the formation of graphite and the reduction of micro porosity.
- Provides data that are simple and understandable to operators so that they can correct nonconformities and process deviations.
- Thanks to a strong process control, final controls for nodularity, in part structure, HB and mechanical strength can be eliminated.
- It is aimed at providing information about manufactured products and not about quality in general.